Our principles guide everything we do.
In its research, iSoRCE is guided by the following core principles:
- Research should be harnessed for direct and positive social change.
- Partnership and collaboration benefit the research enterprise.
- All ways of knowing have value. Innovative ideas and solutions often come about by combining different forms of knowledge, including university-based knowledge and community-based knowledge.
- Democratization of knowledge is vital to building community capacity and increasing civic engagement.
- The process of engaged research provides community members with the skills and resources to address future issues and to actively advocate for change.