Our programs are community-focused.
We have a community-engaged mission and a full range of activities to fulfill it.
- Primary and secondary data research: Our process involves a variety of approaches, including traditional qualitative and quantitative methods, as well as state-of-the-art community participatory research.
- Written publications and dialogic forums: We’ve created opportunities to share knowledge with stakeholders. We apply and mobilize research findings for community capacity building and positive social change.
- Interrogative forums and meetings: We engage interested stakeholders in critical thinking about enduring and complex social issues. Our goal is to explore and develop ideas for research projects.
- Consulting: Our services assist local not-for-profits and community groups in conducting their own research or needs assessments. Consulting, typically done for short-term projects, is conducted by iSoRCE staff or interested Adelphi faculty and students.
- Training: We provide research training to community members and organizations so that they can collect, analyze, and present information to interested community leaders and decision-makers.